Embedded Software Engineer Jobs
As specialists in the technology recruitment sector, lending our expertise to the cybersecurity recruitment space, we are best positioned to source the top embedded software engineer jobs to grow your career.
Embedded software engineer duties and responsibilities
Various responsibilities come with the role of an embedded software engineer, from designing different software to optimising systems for businesses looking to harness the power of technology. Here are some of the main embedded software engineer duties and responsibilities to show you what you can expect from the role.
- Design, create and produce software for embedded systems and devices for internal and commercial use
- Create code and test and debug new and existing software systems
- Optimise existing software for better efficiency, scalability and stability
- Interface with various designs and development of hardware
- Give post-production assistance to the broader business
- Provide QA support
- Develop new product ideas and designs
- Review and analyse open-source software and third-party systems
Embedded software engineer skills and qualifications
Candidates looking to embark on a career as an embedded software engineer should have a variety of attributes. We’ve outlined some of the key embedded software engineer skills and qualifications.
- Experience working in software engineering
- Preferred degree in engineering or computer science
- Ability to use OS coding techniques
- Strong knowledge of interfaces, hardware systems and IP protocols
- Proven experience using C or C++
- Knowledge of tracking and software configuration management tools
- Great time management and teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Sign up for our job alerts
Stay ahead of the competition by signing up for our free job alerts and ensure you get notified as soon as the latest embedded software engineer jobs become available.
Get in touch with a cybersecurity recruiter today!
If you’re a job seeker in the cybersecurity field looking for the latest embedded software engineer jobs, we’re here to help. Get in touch with our specialist cybersecurity recruitment experts to discover how we can elevate your career today.