Cyber Security Administrator Jobs
We are experts within the cyber security recruitment space. Our team is equipped with specialist consultants capable of sourcing the market’s top cyber security administrator jobs to take your career to the next level.
Cyber security administrator duties and responsibilities
Cyber security administrator jobs come with a broad range of responsibilities, from installing and managing the security of a network, including software and hardware systems, to performing audits to protect an organisation from potential threats. Below are the key cyber security administrator duties and responsibilities.
- Install, configure and maintain network security, including hardware and software
- Develop and implement security policies within a business
- Monitor network traffic for suspicious activity and potential vulnerabilities
- Analyse security logs to identify potential threats and unauthorised access to your company's sensitive data
- Respond to cyber security incidents in real-time
- Train employees on security best practices and how they can protect themselves from online threats
- Stay updated on the latest cyber security threats and vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with other IT professionals to ensure the overall security of the organisation's IT infrastructure
Cyber security administrator skills and qualifications
If you have ambitions of progressing your career with the latest cyber security administrator jobs, you should know some of the key skills and qualifications you need to help you succeed within this niche. To help develop your future, we've listed the leading cyber security skills and qualifications.
- Experience in IT with a deep knowledge of networks, software and hardware
- Solid understanding of firewall and cyber security technologies
- Knowledge of operating systems like Linux and Windows
- Ability to work on technologies such as Cisco and Juniper
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to educate other team members
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Preferred degree in cyber security, computer science, STEM subject or a related field
Sign up for our job alerts
Sign up for our free job alerts and stay updated with the latest cyber security administrator jobs. Register today and receive instant notifications whenever new opportunities arise.
Our commitment to you
By partnering with us, you can guarantee that we see you as an individual, not just another number. Our commitment to your job search is unique to you because we believe that no two candidates and no two people are the same. Explore our cyber security recruitment team's unrivalled dedication and commitment to hungry cyber security administrators like you through our bespoke approach.
Get in touch with a cybersecurity recruiter today!
If you are hoping to push forward in your system engineer career, we are here to help. Get in touch with our cyber security recruitment team to connect with the latest systems engineer jobs and see how we can help you grow your career.