Pen Testing Jobs
As specialists in technology recruitment, with particular expertise in the cybersecurity recruitment space, we're well-positioned to connect you with the market's leading pen testing jobs.
Pen testing duties and responsibilities
A range of duties and responsibilities accompany the role of a pen tester. From testing various computer systems, networks, and infrastructure to offering solutions to minimise the chances of a cyberattack harming an organisation, here is a list of the key pen testing duties and responsibilities.
- Pen test software and systems, from networks and infrastructure to computer systems and web applications
- Simulate scenarios where security breaches occur and identify why they happen and how they can be prevented
- Draw up reports from your findings and the cybersecurity issues you identified
- Determine the risk level of a cyber threat
- Identify the impact an attack could have on a business and its clients
- Provide advice and solutions to senior management and the wider team to combat and minimise the risk of cyber attacks
- Determine what the consequences could be if an attack is left unresolved
- Develop penetration processes, scripts, and tests to be used by the wider team
Pen testing skills and qualifications
Candidates looking to become pen testers should be equipped with various attributes. Here are some key pen testing skills and qualifications you should have to succeed in this role.
- Recognise the level of risk and consequences of a cyberattack
- Experience pen testing various computer systems and software
- Deep knowledge of computer systems and networks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills with an ability to simplify complex information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work with confidential information with integrity
- Excellent attention to detail with great time management and teamwork skills
- Preferred degree in cybersecurity, computer systems engineering, computer science, network management, or a related field
Get in touch with a cybersecurity recruiter today!
If you’re a job seeker in the cybersecurity field looking for the latest embedded software engineer jobs, we’re here to help. Get in touch with our specialist cybersecurity recruitment experts to discover how we can elevate your career today.