Network Security Engineer Jobs
As a specialist technology recruitment consultancy with expert recruiters lending their expertise to the cybersecurity recruitment space, makes us best placed to connect you with the top network security engineer jobs.
Network security engineer duties and responsibilities
Numerous duties and responsibilities come with network security engineer jobs, from maintaining hardware and software security to identifying potential cyber threats. Here's a list of a network security engineer's main duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure all hardware and software are maintained
- Optimise and improve new and existing security systems
- Stay updated with the latest technology and cybersecurity trends, including industry rules and regulations
- Analyse vulnerabilities in security systems
- Plan and develop strategies to combat issues and potential breaches to security systems
- Liaise with vendors to create and implement cybersecurity solutions
- Conduct threat intelligence research
- Document security certification
Network security engineer skills and qualifications
Candidates looking to succeed as network security engineers should be equipped with a broad range of attributes. We've listed some of the key network security engineer skills and qualifications.
- Proven experience working with various security systems or in a relevant role in cybersecurity
- Ability to conduct risk assessments to determine vulnerabilities within a system
- Excellent IT management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to train the broader team with the latest cybersecurity protection protocols
- Deep understanding of the latest cybersecurity trends, rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Preferred degree or master's in computer science, programming or a related field
Get in touch with a cybersecurity recruiter today!
If you’re a job seeker in the cybersecurity field looking for the latest embedded software engineer jobs, we’re here to help. Get in touch with our specialist cybersecurity recruitment experts to discover how we can elevate your career today.