One of our top publicly traded international financial services clients is looking to hire a Business Development Manager – Americas based out of New York focusing on the Energy & Commodities sector.
The E&C Business Development Manager, Americas will work to aggressively grow (E&C) revenue across key regional markets, strategic accounts and new product initiatives from both existing customers and new logo acquisition. You will own client interaction, lead curation, regional sales strategy and localised interaction with key channel partners. Internally you will work closely with the product specialist, sales and marketing teams to accelerate growth. It will also be important to build stakeholder engagement with the relevant brokerage desks.
- Drive organic revenue growth from key markets, strategic accounts and new products across existing customers and new business opportunities
- Construct, forecast, and manage pipeline via Salesforce.com
- Communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and in-person meetings.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Perform diverse functions effectively: territory management, account management sales strategy and lead generation
- Maintain and build on your understanding of energy & commodities markets Contribute to the global E&C sales and marketing strategy
- Implement strategic key account plans
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Proven track record of growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and organizational goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying customer needs
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- 3-5 years relevant sales experience
- Skilled in use of Salesforce.com and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of energy & commodities markets
- Self-starter with ability to problem solve, adapt, and grow with the sales organization
- Demonstrate previous experience selling market data & analytics
- Understanding of sales methodology preferable but not essential
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.