JCW is currently recruiting for a VMware Engineer for a leading financial services firm in NYC. You will be responsible for leading VMware and virtualization initiatives for the firm, as well as helping to spearhead automation projects (for infrastructure and virtualization tasks).
– Oversee the firm's core virtualization infrastructure: network, server, storage and compute.
– Serve as the lead and SME for the VMware and vSphere environment.
– Drive automation initiatives for infrastructure and virtualization projects.
– Work on voice, video, and data networks/platforms as needed.
– Lead and train junior engineers and technicians.
– Document and oversee policies and procedures for the networking, storage, server, compute and automation processes/platforms.
– Minimum of 7 years as an infrastructure engineer and/or architect with a specialization in VMware/virtualization.
– At least 5 years of experience overseeing a VMware environment (must be able to speak to this in interviews).
– PowerShell, Python, or other scripting experience is a must.
– Experience with Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM and VCE platforms (including network, storage, server, compute, etc).
– B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, IT or related field.
|+1 (646) 693-0840|