One of our top international software clients is looking to hire a Technical Support Lead in Austin, Texas. This is a hybrid position and candidates are expected to be able to work in office and travel to client sites when necessary. This position will lead a small team (<5) product engineers based in Austin and Los Angeles, CA.
- 2-3 years exp working in technical support
- Cloud/databases ideal
- Leadership or people management experience (1 year minimum)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to be a bridge between US and UK teams and work cross functionally with other departments.
Ideal Technical Skillset
- Experience setting up and maintaining Windows Server and/or clusters
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining web servers (IIS, Apache)
- SQL Server administration experience (backing up or restoring databases)
- Scripting or basic programming knowledge
- An understanding of installing and maintaining SQL Source Control systems (Subversion, Azure DevOps, Git), and setting up/maintaining Virtual Machines in the Public and/or Private Cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, VMware)
- Experience in managing Azure SQL Managed Instances and/or AWS RDS
- Basic Linux command line experience
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.