Seattle, United States
8 months ago
Software Engineer (Java) - Site Reliability
About the role….
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to support the development and operations of a large-scale application, developing new features and capabilities to be deployed to AWS cloud.
Our client is looking to integrate and embed DevOps Engineers within the existing development teams to provide support across the full software development life-cycle for their AWS-based core social media infrastructure.
Within the team structure, you will have a key role in increasing the system’s reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation.
In this role, you will put to use a diverse set of technical expertise; including DevOps tooling, troubleshooting and debug skills, cloud computing, coding/scripting and infrastructure engineering to provide outstanding customer experiences. Beyond your technical qualification, you will also have a healthy combination of cross-group collaboration skills, communication and relationship building skills.
- Cloud DevOps experience of at least five (5) years; specifically AWS.
- 2-3 years software development experience with Java
- Strong knowledge/experience with microservices and use of containers (e.g. Docker, Marathon/Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Logging and Monitoring Telemetry (e.g. ELK, Splunk, App Dynamics, Grafana, CloudWatch)
- Experience in software Project life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying systems comprising one or more of the following: Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB
- CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential
- Experience with Jira and helpdesk tools (Remedy, PIER, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management.
We're focused on those with strong communication, development production support and AWS cloud deployment experience.