San Francisco, United States
Flexible for the right candidate
over 1 year ago
Benefits: Health/vision/dental insurance, commuter benefits, equity options
Location: Downtown San Francisco - Financial District
My client's mission is to make smart devices affordable for everyone worldwide. Their unique technology enables people who lack credit to purchase their first smart device on an installment plan.
As Android Engineer, you will build the technology to support millions of customers worldwide. Your primary focus will be their Android mobile application. As a key part of my client’s engineering team, you need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies in conjunction with stated responsibilities.
- Degree in Computer Science from a top university or previous employment at a top technology company
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience building Android apps that have been launched
- Experience in Android UI design patterns and best practices
- Familiar with mobile security, including the use of cryptography and protocols like https
- Familiar with SQL Databases
- Fluent in Git
- Familiar with app privacy issues and related data security issues
- Understanding of Android permissions
- Primarily, design and write code to execute the app and make it available on various app stores and to enable OEMs to implement at scale.
- Implement Android features and troubleshoot live Android bugs affecting user experience, client-server communication, and security, to help us scale to millions of customers.
- Additional engineering as required. For instance, design and implement components of clients’s web apps, data platform, and integrations.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Collaborate with Sales and Product teams to ensure that your work successfully reaches their end users.