San Francisco, United States
Flexible for the right candidate
Joshua Serlin (Cybernetic)
11 months ago
- MS in Computer Science or related field (PhD preferred)
- 5+ years experience working in 3D Perception, 3D Scene Understanding and 3D Reconstruction
- 7+ years of hands-on C++ experience
- Publications from the usual conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV)
Nice to haves:
- RGB Camera experience
- Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Caffe, and PyTorch preferred)
Locations: Multiple Areas in San Francisco Bay Area, Pittsburgh, or Boston
We are an early-stage robotics startup based in San Francisco. We design, build, and operate autonomous urban delivery robots. In San Francisco alone, hundreds of thousands of packages are delivered every day. Over half of the world’s population lives in cities at least this big. Robotic delivery will improve reliability and drastically reduce the cost of delivery, touching the lives of billions of people and ultimately transforming how the world works. Our team is small and we’re moving lightning fast to create the world’s first fleet of autonomous delivery robots to solve this Earth-scale problem.
What you’ll be doing
Robots delivering packages in a city will encounter every environment imaginable. From people and cars, to traffic cones and broken sidewalks, the robot must operate competently and safely throughout the day. One of the fundamental challenges at Marble is to develop perception and reasoning that can understand the scene and environment surrounding the robot. At Marble you will join a team of passionate scientists and engineers building a highly accurate and real-time perception solution to address these challenges.
- BS or a higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years (with a B.S.) or 2+ years (with a M.S. or PhD) industry experience building sensor fusion/robotics machine learning and/or deep learning for detection, tracking, segmentation, and depth estimation and/or completion.
- Experience with resource-constrained online algorithms.
- Excellent C++/python coding, TensorFlow, strong engineering practices, debugging/profiling skills.
- Ability to survey literature for ideas and convert research papers into production implementation.
- Passion on cutting edge computer vision, machine learning, deep learning technologies and product delivery.
- Strong project execution and delivery skills and can efficiently collaborate with technical and non-technical co-workers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Production industry experience with LiDAR/depth based 3D perception algorithms.
- Knowledge breadth in the academic literature of machine learning based perception algorithms.
- Independent project management and execution.
- Publications in top-tier computer vision/robotics conference (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, IROS)
- Competitive salary and benefits (health / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage equity
- Work with state of the art hardware
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution