San Francisco, United States
Flexible for the right candidate
over 1 year ago
Senior Data Engineer
My client is looking for an impressive data engineer to be part of their growing Engineering team. This team member will work on automating and scaling their data processing pipeline, and develop and productize new analytics algorithms into their platform.
- Design and implement components within the data processing pipeline (from raw input files to optimized tables)
- Tune the processing pipeline for performance and scalability, and automate it to allow for for hands-off operations.
- Develop new analytics algorithms, using a deep understanding of the raw data.
- Implement customized analytics for clients in collaboration with Sales.
- Work with Product Management and Application teams to productize data analytics algorithms into the web application.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university.
- 4+ years experience as a software or data engineer at an enterprise software/analytics company.
- 5+ years experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and SQL, including strong understanding of concepts.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, and 2+ years experience in Java and/or Python.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of geospatial data is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and/or science is a plus.