Palo Alto, United States
$120,000 - $150,000
Joshua Serlin (Cybernetic)
almost 2 years ago
On behalf of a leading technology firm, Cybernetic Search have been tasked with sourcing a Security Architect to be based in Palo Alto, CA.
The successful candidate will:
- Working with all stakeholders to secure customer and enterprise information by determining security requirements and proposing solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements. Security Architects assisting in guiding, prioritizing, and measuring our efforts in achieving and maintaining the firm's cloud and IT cybersecurity.
- Performing internal product and services security reviews and recommend changes or enhancements for identified security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures.
- Identifying and communicating current and emerging security threats, including specifying requirements and design for security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Aligning security standards, frameworks and policies with overall business and technology strategy.
- Performing detailed security reviews of third party vendors and services providers.
- Assisting with Incident Response including contributing to GDPR breach notification efforts.
- This position requires communications, people, organizational and technical skills to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- Ability to conduct and facilitate Threat Modeling exercises.
- 5+ years of Network, System and Application Security experience.
- Compliance, Security Policy and Procedures experience.
- Ability to be a security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background.
- Knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle practices, current programming languages, technologies and patterns for developing secure code is a plus.
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.