JCW is currently recruiting for a Network Engineer for a financial services firm in NYC. You will be responsible for managing the firm’s network infrastructure, AWS environment, and Palo Alto appliances. You will also be managing VPN access, system maintenance and cutovers, and additional servers/systems as needed. Candidates must be coming from a corporate environment supporting 750+ users. Please include a copy of your resume with your application.
*Unfortunately sponsorship is not available for this position, and it is only open to US Citizens and Green Card holders.*
– Manage the organization’s AWS environment (over 1500 instances).
– Oversee the organization’s Palo Alto appliances via Panorama.
– Manage, maintain, and oversee the organization’s network (including design, architecture, and upgrades). There are multiple sites across the US and one offshore backup site.
– Install and configure networking and security devices (Cisco, Palo Alto, Dell, VMware, etc.) and prepare network designs/diagrams.
– Perform disaster recovery, system upgrades, and network/system reporting tasks.
– Work with the security team to implement and monitor security tools and appliances.
– Additional network, systems, and security projects as needed.
– 6+ years of experience as a network engineer (overseeing route, switch, wireless, firewalls, VPN, QoS).
– Prior experience preparing network designs and architecture.
– Extensive knowledge of networking protocols (ex: OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, etc.).
– Must have extensive experience managing Palo Alto firewalls using Panorama.
– Experience managing Cisco appliances, Windows 10 devices, and Dell/VMware servers, Azure, and Active Directory.
– Experience managing a large AWS environment is a must.
– Prior experience as a network specialist in a corporate environment of 750+ users.
– CCNA/CCNP preferred.
– B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.