San Francisco , United States
40-50 per hour
28 days ago
We are looking for a junior to mid-level embedded software/firmware engineer to come in as a consultant and work on an exciting project with one of our top VR/AR clients in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Take ownership of system design & firmware on hardware prototype projects and development platforms
- Work in a collaborative team environment across engineering disciplines
- Experiment w/ & implement interfaces to various sensors
- Develop USB HID based interfaces and bootloaders
- Pre-Silicon Coding firmware to drive novel display systems and cameras
- Devising & implementing low-latency network interface protocols
- Coding programs & scripts as necessary to test embedded systems
- Work with core tech teams & other teams to define prototyping scope & applications towards technology roadmaps and Minimum Viable Product
- BS in Electrical Eng. or Computer Science
- 1-3, yrs experience with driver and board-level system software development
- Experience with board bring up and systems debugging, ARM based processors, micro-controllers, and various comm. protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience w/ debugging tools, oscilloscopes, protocol design, specification, implementation, and problem solving in code bases environments