Encinitas,, United States
10 months ago
Job Title: eCommerce Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: San Diego
Permanent, Full-time, On-site
The e-commerce SQA engineer will be driving the strategy and execution across engineering tracks to consistently deliver high-quality software. This role requires continuous improvement and documentation of Software Quality Assurance processes and practices, assuring a high level of system readiness prior to the production of our Digital Customer Experience. This role works cross-functionally to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure all aspects of the sites and connects to many areas of the business including IT, Digital Marketing and Inventory/Planning. He/she will report to the Director of Web Development & Architecture and will work side by side with other Web Developers, Content Developers, and QA Engineering; he/she will be part of the full agile development lifecycle. He/she will work at a global level.
The e-commerce SQA engineer position is responsible for conducting tests before the release to ensure software runs smoothly (hence, creating a fantastic customer experience) and meets stakeholder requirements while maintaining the highest quality standards. He/she will collaborate with product owners and stakeholders, establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize and bring a finished product across the finish line. He/she should have a strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high-quality software that balances technical and business goals. Suitable candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels. Ability to work under pressure and troubleshoot is an essential part of this role and invigorates passion for aligning quality goals to business goals.
- Perform analysis of business requirements for accuracy, completeness, ambiguity, testability and provide timely feedback to establish acceptance criteria in an agile methodology.
- Partner with stakeholders, creative and development team to understand desired functionality for validating customer experience across browsers and operating systems.
- Communicate with stakeholders for clarifications, approvals, priority, and scheduling for all defect remediation tasks.
- Define the scope of testing, approach, risks, and assumptions to validate the solution is built as per specification.
- Create and maintain QA schedule to track the progress of deliverables to as per deadlines.
- Create project based well-structured test plans and test cases to cover a multitude of simple and complex scenarios.
- Create and maintain regression testing plans and tools.
- Conduct a black box, positive and negative scenarios to test a feature based on functional requirements.
- Perform manual testing of all test cases and work towards automation.
- Setup automated testing infrastructure and increase coverage of regression test cases iteratively.
- Create test data for work within Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager.
- Identify and improve testing strategy to enhance the overall software quality efforts.
- Establish continuous ADA compliance monitoring and sprint-based site regression.
- Document and report defect systematically and manage defects through various stages of the development cycle.
- Establish effective communication throughout all testing processes with key team members and tracks progress detailed reports.
- Support maintenance and rollouts during extended hours when required.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Partner with the technical architect to support building integration testing as part of CI/CD.
- Coach development team and stakeholders in the SQA process and mentor best practices.
- Web Dev team
- Site Manager
- Content Manager
- IT Team
- Creative Studio / UX resources
- Digital and Email Marketing team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA in IT Systems or similar industry certification
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Selenium or open-source toolset.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Prefer to have a working knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager.
- Have strong familiarity with web technologies, browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices and its limitations.
- Knowledge of efficient methodologies for multi-device, multi-browser testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Have strong experience with performance and load testing.
- Understanding of all eCommerce functions including but not limited to:
- Email integration
- Payment systems
- Google Analytics
- A/B testing tool
- Catalog, Content, Promotions, Checkout and Order flow
- Understanding of Technical holiday readiness and peak period sales needs.
- Have a keen eye for IT system process and the ability to mimic user flow and document processes with a clear explanation of details.
- Attention to detail and accuracy for project execution and manage and prioritize against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with web-based PM tools such as Jira and Basecamp is a plus.
- Have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases, requirement traceability matrix, and test summary reports.