Austin, United States
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Cloud Application Developer - Java/Python - Palo Alto
We’re looking for technology “geeks” who have knowledge of emerging technologies and are willing to deep dive into unfamiliar areas of a system to quickly prototype new solutions. This person should have a Java background and be comfortable developing in multiple technology areas while working on prototype and proof-of-concept assignments across the full-stack. Along with excellent communication skills, he/she should be able to demonstrate working with architects on complex assignment and have an overall software engineering experience of 5-8 years.
Must be strong in the following areas:
1) Experience in building cloud-based platforms and/or applications:
- 5+ years of strong Software development background using server-side technologies (java, Spring or similar frameworks).
- 1+ years of building cloud applications, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) using at least one of the following platforms: AWS, MS Azure, Cloud Foundry.
- 1+ years of experience in building REST APIs.
- Experience working in continuous delivery environment.
2) Familiarity with large data storage & processing technologies:
- NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark are some of the areas that are nice to have.
3) Familiar with messaging and integration technologies and components.
- Experience in developing event and message driven applications. Primary Skills: Java, Python, Unix. Nice to haves: Kafka or Kubernetes or Docker